<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Blurfing (n. The activity of casually blogging while being paid to work – from Slurfing)

Blogger for Word, eh! How ace is that at work? Ideal for blurfing. Theoretically I could blog as much as Rich (not gonna happen I’m too lazy), and it just looks like I’m working. Genius. Talking of work, I’m reminded that at some point during the weekend’s epic Ashes action Andrew Flintoff’s batting average overtook his bowling average, the mark of a truly fine all-rounder. Well at work, Shaz is leaving at the end of this week, she’s been like a beacon of fun and friendship in a dull fog of boredom and characterless accountant-types (it also helps that she’s easy on the eye too). With this departure I reckon people at work that actually possess personalities will be outnumbered by the nobs, dullards and suits. What a shitter.

Tomorrow looks a good night to watch canines teararse around a track for the enjoyment and financial advantages of people. Yes sirree I’m going to the dogtrack at Wolverhampton to express my superiority of four-legged types. Last time I had a great time, got shit-faced and was only out of pocket by the tune of a few quid.

As for shit-faced I was truly spannered on Friday, giggling, falling over, buying pizzas when I wasn’t hungry, falling asleep fully clothed with my head on my laptop keyboard kind of drunk. I’m a fucking legend trolleyed, I really am. It was Rich’s fault (he always seems to blame someone, and he’s a professional drunk). Merk was poorly, so without waiting for him to have a cack etc, I was in the pub by 7pm. Late licence because of bank holiday later, and I’m three sheets to the wind (or as the infamous Russian phrase has it,‘this pisshead capitalist pigdog has drunk 11 Baltikas, Twatski’). Quiz on Sunday isn’t really worth mentioning, we finished a mid-table (sort of Fulham mid-table not Charlton mid-table), exept for Rich’s suspected eye-liner, Rich’s definite moustache, and Fulla’s cavalier work-in-progress goatee. Oh and Mrs Austin’s husband had a nice shirt on.

Away to Aberystywth on Monday, wooooo! Cheap hostel/guest house is booked for four nights (Mon – Thu), but if I’m chilling to the max – or summat – I’m going to stay the Friday and Saturday too. At £17 a night, it shouldn’t break the bank. Merk’s coming with me for the Monday and Tuesday, so that will be bevvy-time followed by a couple of days chilling out, promenading along the seafront checking out jogging girls, reading a few books and job-hunting (sssh I’m at work). Really looking forward to unwinding. If I can borrow a camera I’ll post some photos of me being laid back on Flickr.

Stav.

Comments: Post a Comment