<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Festive Catch-up

Well, Christmas time certainly threw some mixed emotions this year. Readers of the ever-popular BigDaddyBlog will know that we suffered a loss in the family. Me dear old Nan gave up the fight during my work's Christmas do, which kind of marred the occasion, and as such for the first time in the four-year history of the firm's Yuletide knees-ups I failed to (i) vomit on myself, (ii) swear at a partner, (iii) get off with someone I shouldn't have, (iv) fall over breaking furniture in the process, (v) or steal booze from behind the bar. Although I did storm the pub quiz, and cheated at charades, earning myself a Christmas cracker full of Maltesers. Strange evening. Followed by an early morning drink with Merk and Fella, complete with warm cans of Carling and Merk's first bongo mag!

The following Sunday I got truly pissed in the Crown on Budvar and sherry, then me and our kid had a takeaway bottle of white wine, which we polished off. Me being me, wanted more, and thus it followed that the house was beer and white wine-free, however, there was a bottle of red. Red is truly evil stuff, but I got three-quarters the way down until I fell over completely knackering my knee in the process. Of course, it was funny at the time! It wasn't so on Monday morning. Luckily I had booked the day off in advance,

The following two days were wasted at work, although there was absolutely no work to do. The last day's drinks were a wash-out really, we left work at about midday and half of us sauntered to the Plodge (Stavspeak for Priors Lodge, an office-worker's cliche of a pub, but is considerably more agreeable than the alternative, the ghastly Euston Way). Luckily Merk joined me and saved me from having to make friends with some people who work in Insurance or such like.

To repay his favour, I reversed my decision to stay in that night and joined him in some Christmas Eve food and revelries at the delightful Golden Ball in Ironbridge. The food was spot on and a good night was to be had by all those who turned up.

The Shiny Bollock



Christmas Day was quick. The presents were much appreciated, and the turkey dinner was good. I received loads of books on football and cricket, and a huge bottle of Grolsch too. Brother Merk loved his DVD player.

Went to the Bucks Head on Boxing Day, to watch Telford United play the mighty Forest Green Rovers. It was nine quid to get in and it rained so much the match was abandoned at half time. Impressive stadium though, I didn't get a refund. The following days have been pretty lazy, until the party night of Saturday 27th. We were kept pretty busy buying the booze and tidying the house up. The party went very well, and everyone got very drunk. I sang 'I Love Paris'... again! Merk phoned the Cambrian Hotel in Aber to get the ingredients for their Ewok cocktail. This enabled me to get even more drunk.

We are now getting ready to go to Brileigh's for New Year's Eve drink. Some of the lads are wearing formal dinner jackets and bows, and even I'm wearing a suit, of sorts!


So have a good night readers whatever you are doing and wherever you are doing it,


Fireworks... in Sydney... yet again!



and here's to 2004,
Stav.