<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 22, 2003

Is it just me... #2:

Is every day a National Non-Smoking Day, National Watch Your Speed Day, National Healthy Eating Day, National Respect For Retail Staff Day, or National Don't Accidentally Tread on Snails Day? Do these exist just so poor quality local TV and radio presenters can tell us something else about the day other than its a Friday in August? I'm sure I either read or heard that anyone can declare a national such-and-such day as there's no legislation involved, So therefore I'm proposing a National Stop Ramming your Point of View Down My Throat Day. It's where everyone just carries on as normal without some well-meaning do-gooder trying to save them from themselves with a well-intentioned but patronising National Day based around marketing their own world view as if it's that much better than mine.

Stav.